Monday, March 11, 2013

Madison Avenue Monday: Make-It-Yourself with Wool

Yesterday's time change here in the US has brought me to my knees yet again; it's like having jet lag.  So this week's MAM is brought to you by Olympic Airways and the American Wool Council, who sponsored a design contest with a grand prize of two weeks in Greece and Spain:

From McCall's Patterns, Fall-Winter 1967.

The suit jacket reminds me a bit of this beautiful pale blue wool suit designed by Seymour Fox and photographed in Vogue around the same time period.  I wish I could have seen the winning entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!