Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Crochet Scrubbie...because "Good Happens"

So I just finished this crocheted exfoliator/scrubbie today as a prototype project.  It's part a Red Heart set of free patterns called Spa Necessities.  It turned out alright, although it's a little plain-looking given the color and stitch pattern:

Spa Necessities Exfoliator / Scrubber at Serendipity Handmade


So why did I make this little project?   The Center for Living Peace and the Orange County Museum of Art is calling for donations to benefit the SASP (Survivors After Suicide) program at a local community health center.  Although it is really just a small gesture, perhaps having something made with love might remind those who just lost a loved one to take care of themselves and might help them cope with their grief and pain.

Project details:  although this project calls for Red Heart Eco-Cotton blend (75% cotton, 25% acrylic) I actually used Lion Brand Cotton in Natural (100% cotton) because I have a ton of it on hand, and it's good for kitchen and bath projects.  I might go pick up some of the Eco-Cotton or hunt through my stash for something similar just to see how the project works up.

I tried it out today -- it actually does make a nice exfoliator! And there is the added bonus of being able to wash it out quickly because it is already full of suds and hang it up to dry because of the little handles.  

Don't you just love the domain name for the Center for Living Peace?  It's  www.goodhappens.org.  Yes!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I wish I could crochet. I mean I can but I have never gotten the rhythm right so as to get even stitches.

    Your scrubbie looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scrubbie, Collette, such a lovely gesture! Love the domain name too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation and thoroughly thoughtful gesture, dear Collette, I'm sure that will brighten someone's day for sure.


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!