Saturday, June 16, 2012

Finally Finished: Simplicity 2936

This afternoon I finally finished sewing the buttons on the "Strawberry Fields" blouse.  I'm short on time today so I quickly pinned it to Esme.  You'll have to forgive the fact that I am not as wasp-waisted as she is and the silhouette isn't quite accurate:

I wish my waist were this small....

I really love this pattern now that it has been fitted relatively well to accommodate my quirky figure. Simplicity 2936 is rapidly becoming my first TNT pattern (tried-and-true) as Carolyn calls them.

It's made with vintage "faux-let" -- my name for fake eyelet. (Remember that I mentioned how the eyes are stamped on the fabric, so it's not real eyelet). It should be a light and cool blouse for the rest of the summer. I will pair it with blue capri jeans and perhaps debut it on July 4th for a touch of patriotic red, white, and blue.

Blogging might continue to be spotty over the next week as I have a seriously ill family member in the hospital again, but I will do my best as I have some specific plans for the upcoming week (stay tuned!). The only bright side is that my dad is in town and I get to spend Father's Day with him tomorrow.

I hope that everyone is having a bit of a crafty weekend and if you are celebrating, a wonderful Father's Day with your loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. Love your breezy new blouse! The outfit you have planned is perfect for the 4th!

    Hope your family member is recovering and going home soon. Sending love, light and healing vibes.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!